1. Maintain Normal Temperature
Average indoor plants can tolerate temperature fluctuations. However, the temperature is too low or high can stop the growth, causing crop damage.
Cold temperatures at night, it is essential for plant growth than higher temperatures. Thus, the rule of thumb to keep the temperature 'comfortable' night is 10-15 degrees lower than normal temperature.
Despite being in the room, indoor plants still require sunlight for growth. Because the light helps the process of photosynthesis, convert mineral water into food for plants.
Not surprisingly, indoor plants grow in one direction. Because, they look for light.
- Therefore, diligent play indoor plants regularly.- Bring out the room in order to get fresh air. Do this about two weeks.- When do the treatment plant, avoid exposure to direct sunlight. Even 5 minutes though because it will scorch the leaves of plants.
Ideally, the plants watered diligently for the water to flourish. However, special indoor plants:
- Avoid giving water too often so as not to die! Simply feel the soil in pots, if it is damp or not.- If the soil is dry, give water to flow until the water out of the drainage hole (bottom of the pot). Remember! Strive water was not only wet the soil surface only because it will force the roots to grow upward. Of course this is damaging crops.
Consider the leaf tip, whether brown or look withered. Plants that are placed in air-conditioned room had more attention, because the air conditioner to dry the humidity in the air.
- Place the plant on a tray containing wet gravel. Water that evaporates to the top of the stone surface will create humidity around the plant.- When placing two types of indoor plants together in one room, place a cup filled with water in between to keep the moisture from one another. The reason is, if both indoor plants allowed to coexist, then the air that blows from the air will evaporate the water and the two are fighting over water that evaporates.- Spray water on plant leaves.
5. Replace Pot
Apparently, the plants can not grow forever in the same pot. As sentient beings, he developed and plant roots grow gradually fill the pot. Therefore, we should do the replacement pot.
- Use a pot with a larger size than the previous pot.- Make sure there are drainage holes at the bottom.- Choose a plant pot made from plastic or clay. Plastic pots will maintain soil moisture and temperature longer. Meanwhile, clay pots have pores that remove excess water, so keep the humidity under normal conditions.- If you want to beautify the appearance of a pot, you can use decorative pots made of ceramics, metals, wood, or rattan. Typically, these decorative pots as the veil of plastic or clay pots.- To view room is not boring, put plants with various sizes, ranging from mini size to large.- Adjust the color pot with the interior of your home.- Add also groud cover, can be a decorative stone or sand on top of the pot to cover the planting medium.
Do enrichment plant with an intensity of 14 days once. Use a fertilizer that has nitrogen balance - important for stem and leaf growth, phosphorus, root growth, and Potassium-establish plants (N: P: K). All these elements useful for plant growth.
Do the pruning in order to give shape to your preference. In addition, this activity is to get rid of the diseased plants.
8. Pest and Disease Control
Pests and diseases often attack your indoor plants. If allowed, the appearance of plants no longer fresh. Precautions:
- Spray plants with insecticide (14 days).- Select the best insecticide that has no side effects on plants