I frequently post about photos I'm considering promoting from photo album to wall (see here & here for examples).  But no photo I've taken can hold a candle to these aerial shots:

Via My Modern Met

Via My Modern Met

Via My Modern Met

Via My Modern Met

Via My Modern Met

The photos were taken by Alex MacLean, a photographer, pilot and author.  I love how these photos really reveal the impressive impact humans have on landscapes.  The photos of parking lots and streets packed with cars (many of them not included in my post) are especially unsettling, but also beautiful and captivating.

See more photos at My Modern Met or check our MacLean's website here.  As a pilot, MacLean has a bit more access to such amazing aerial shots than you or I.  But we can ogle and possibly use these photos as inspiration for a fabulous painting . . . ?

Someone bought a new canvas on Monday . . .

For this empty wall, perhaps?
 
Top