Its Friday and time for another Off-beat market. Check out the furniture of Colin Schaelli. Honestly, these images say it all and don't need me to add much more. Wow!
I posted this photo on my Tumblr site and it sort of stuck in my mind. I had to research where it came from and was glad to find this fantastically minimal series of furnishings. 

Occasionally, I'm asked why something as stark as this furniture; appeals to me. What about some color or decorative details? Here's the thing, when there is a beautiful form without too much decoration, my  imagination has the freedom to fill in the details. An overly decorated piece can become static in a way, it is what it is. Is this making sense or am I rambling? Maybe, I just don't like being told what to think:) I would love to know how some of you feel about this.
 
Top