vintage heart framed picture by sarahandbendrix - $82

mini origami hearts bouquet by MyBohemianSummer - $30

map hearts by 42things - $3.50

heart garland by paperpolaroid - $35

die cut hearts by prettygirlshop - $2.75

W

ith Valentine's Day being in less than a week and all, I figured it's probably about time I start thinking about it. So... I made a lame-o attempt today to create a handmade... something. Let's get something straight here... I don't make stuff. I just don't. I try. Sometimes it comes out pretty decent. But, I have to be like mega inspired and on tons of caffeine and it has to be like 3:30 in the morning. I know, it's weird. But, that's just the way it is, okay? Work with me here. Anywho, one of the things I used to love doing as a kid was paper hearts. I looooved creating valentines in school and then writing them to my mom and dad and to my friends. Remember that? The smell of Elmers, the glitter everywhere, the crayons and the scissors? Oh... that was too much fun! : ) So, as I triiiieeed verrrrry laborously this afternoon to create something, it brought me back to that time as a young child in elementary school during the week of Valentine's Day. Those memories inspired today's post and my search on the Etsy marketplace. I hope you've enjoyed today's picks. Have you crafted something from scratch for your valentine? What will you be doing? It's okay... I won't tell. ; )
I hope all of you had a good Tuesday. I laughed a lot today. : ) I had a student ask me whether or not Mexico is in Puerto Rico. Come on... how can you not laugh?? Or cry??? Oy vei!
Happy Decorating!
Mina

 
Top