Thanks to StonehouseLove blogger, Claudia Clobes...

and the fantastic charity... Dwell with Dignity...
I bring you... My childhood bedroom was... blog post.  In an effort to raise money for a worthy cause, Dwell with Dignity and Claudia Clobes have partnered up and are bringing dozens of stories your way of bloggers' childhood bedrooms for your reading enjoyment! You can check out the blogger post schedule here. As you read, please remember to visit the Dwell with Dignity site here to make a donation to the many needy families being helped by this fabulous organization...

That's me... with my Mom.

I fear that I didn't really have a childhood bedroom to call my very own...

We moved... A LOT! I went to 14 different schools from Kindergarden through High School... my Mom was a tad bit of a gypsy... and she used to just get "bored"

I did go to school... many of them...

And I loooved Christmas... I always wished for my very own bedroom. But... I had to SHARE!!

I shared a bedroom with my sister (far left), my brother (2nd from left) and my older cousin who lived with us for a time (far right). I'm the goof in the center with the black and white dress and hideous red knee highs...


So... what did a typical bedroom of ours contain? I will attempt to re-create it for you... Here goes nothin...


A lot of teen idol posters and rock band posters on the wall. Yes... I kissed Bon Jovi and Poison goodnight every night... 

My decor? Glow in the dark stars on the ceiling. I thought I was the coolest kid since sliced bread with these!

My bro and sis slept on the bunk beds. I had my own bed. When my cousin stayed over, she slept on the bunk bed and my brother in a sleeping bag on the floor.

Kind of what my bed looked like. I did have a mattress, of course. We weren't that deprived...
So... it wouldn't be incorrect to say we did not grow up rich... I would day dream of having my own bedroom alllll the time!
This is what my dreams looked like...
via www.tktdw.com

If I had to share in my dream... it would've looked like the picture above. Wow!

via www.hopskipjump.com

I always dreamed of having a play room. It would've had lots of natural light, wood floors and a bed to take a nap in...

via www.designsnitch.blogspot.com

The ultimate dream though?? My OWN bedroom! It would've looked something like this!! Comfy bed... plenty of natural light... and a reading nook by the window. 

I hope you enjoyed my look back in time!

Now... make sure you check out A Diary of Lovely's post and the next one on the schedule Chic Modern Vintage... scheduled for tomorrow.  Have a wonderful Monday and stay tuned for Mid-Century Monday later on today. 

Happy Decorating!
Mina
 
Top