I am completely besotted and intrigued by Australian artist Emma Van Leest's artwork since I saw this segment about her on Art Nation...
She says that all you need is "a piece of paper and a blade".. ah ha...I don't think so ma'am!  An enormous amount of talent more likely. And patience...oh, the patience.
Here are some examples of her work...but if you have a spare 4 minutes or so, do have a squiz at the video to see her at work...you won't be disappointed.




 Sorry I couldn't get these images any bigger without blurring the detail...


...extraordinary aren't they?
I don't know about you, but I would seriously like to go and live in one of these wonderlands :)
I'll be trying my hand at something new on my day off today...but for sure it won't involve a piece of paper and a blade! If only I could :-)
 
Top