Well, Braxton really said it all - we both really loooved this movie. If you haven't seen it, and you have any love of mid-century decor, then you must.

Just looking at Mrs. Robinson's den (does anyone have a "den" anymore?) makes me want to redo my house in chic black and white. oh my. I am however glad that frosted hair is no longer in style or smoking - I will gladly take everything else though.
How iconic is this shot? The director, Mike Nichols, incorporated lots of shadows in the shots, the one behind Dustin is particularly interesting!

The Graduate will have you daydreaming about gorgeous blue swimming pools, when women wore stockings, backyard cookouts and young love - all to the tune of your favorite Simon and Garfunkel song.
It really was a perfect date night at the movies!
Peace,
Yancey


 
Top