Another Yancey pick. I wouldn't have chosen this movie for guy nite at the movies but Yancey heard it was beautiful, and so for Date Night at the Movies, I'm on board!
Tom Ford directed this movie, which is reason enough to see it. As designers, we naturally admire his work, so we settled into bed with a cold drink in hand to watch this movie with high expectations. The other reason we were excited about this movie is we are designing our own home fashion collection with a mid-century vibe, which made this 60's period movie a good target for inspiration. We had to see it.
I was a beautiful movie. Tom Ford's eye for beauty and design was evident, the story was compelling, and the acting excellent.
What I really loved about this movie was the eye candy of the main character's mid-century home.
It's a story of love and loss and friendship and hope. It's about the social challenge of a gay professor in the 60's living in a straight world.
Good date movie. Good enough to see again. I don't know if I would buy this movie, but I would give it a green light as a date movie.
Braxton
 
Top