Can you believe it? A plasterer is actually on his way to do some work at the tranquil townhouse...I am beyond chuffed...and still slightly disbelieving! The area he'll be working on is the bottom 'level' of my bedroom. Sounds much grander than it is believe me...but once the plastering and painting is done I will certainly reveal all.
So while I was waiting...what better to do than sort my scarves...
Hanging on an antique towel rail I bought when living in the UK 20 years ago...I think it's welsh pine...and I love it. And here's the offending area...or part of it...
When I moved in here, there was the ugliest laminate built in desk you've ever seen in this spot. I can't begin to tell you how difficult it was to remove (and I did it all by myself...you can read about it and see some of the ugliest photos ever here) and how pleased I was when it was gone. This space has been designated as my reading spot when it's finally done up...

...provided the vampire slayer doesn't get there first...good luck with that one Kez!


...not room for much more than the chair, but that's ok...

..it's enough space for me to read and look out at the courtyard. I'll be sure to do a proper before and after when it's all done, dusted and painted...those brown windows drive me batty...and they're all over the house...don't worry, on the list!
...and there's the doorbell, I kid you not! Have a lovely weekend bloggy peeps...wherever you are, whatever you're doing.
And...for those of you who want to see Central Australia in all its glory, go here to follow a family of five who are doing it in a campervan...armchair travelling at its best! Us, not them.
 
Top