My courtyard is a bit of a wreck at the moment. A bit like Baghdad on a bad day. On the weekend, late on Sunday afternoon actually (therein the first mistake), I decided that it would be a good time to rip out the honeysuckle vine that was choking the star jasmine. Not a particularly good idea bloggy peeps. It is one of those jobs that having started, you wish you hadn't; but having gone as far as you have, you know there's no going back!  You know what I mean don't you? I wish Edith would loan me J for a short while...tearing him away from his gladioli planting might be a good thing! This must be a very old picture...look at the TV...and the courtyard's a classic too.
I won't torment you with pictures of the mayhem that is the tranquil townhouse's outdoor living space at the moment...but I have plans! Oh yes, plans aplenty...
you knew there'd be pink didn't you...
and a bit of purple as well...
I have white wisteria planted in pots at the pergola posts...I'm hoping they'll look like this one day...but without the death defying pond in the middle of the path! Can you imagine after one too many cold refreshing chardonnays!!

maples and boston ivy...garden essentials in Canberra
mondo grass is probably so last decade...but I still love it...
I had star jasmine growing in that diamond shape in my last townhouse...
more a balcony than a courtyard I know...but I like it...a lot...especially the trees and the bright yellow vase that perks up the ghost chairs...just what was needed I think!

I suspect I'll be finishing off with the honeysuckle on my day off tomorrow...after the chandelier fairy and I have helped a friend move house that is. Yes, sainthood awaits us both!
all images from here
 
Top