Alison is the person behind Dalston People, a brilliant website for everything you need to know about Dalston, London, and a Dalston People Twitter page, that I have come to rely on. Alison lives right on the edge of the lovely Broadway Market, in London Fields, Hackney. Feeling a bit worse for wear on my way into her bedroom, after one too many Sherry’s the night before, the summer breeze blowing through her bedroom window was just the ticket to distract my foggy head. This really is a room with a view - the grand Victorian Gas Towers on the Regents Canal leading to the London skyline peppered with many a building including the mighty Gherkin. I asked Alison, if her bedroom were on fire what one item would she save?…  She said, “It’s a little bit sad really, but I’d definitely save my Care Bear. It’s really old and probably one of the first things my Mum and Dad bought me.”

 
Top