Sometimes it's a bit difficult when lovely people tag you or give you an award; trying to think up what you'll say...(so sometimes I say very little...not today though). Stop that groaning!! That's why I like the tags I've received recently. They come with questions. Oh bliss. The only problem is...two tags...two different lots of questions. 18 questions...I don't think any of you would indulge me while I answer that many (even I'd be sound asleep by the end of that), so I'm combining the tags and choosing half that number, ok? That'll be 9...
Even so, I'm afraid that you are going to be sooooo over me by the end of this post. In fact, you might want to skip to the end right now where I mention a few blogs, because, quite honestly, I'm not all that exciting. And I really wouldn't be offended.
If you're still with me, the first five come from 'Cross the Pond...a New Yorker living in London...how good is that! Okey dokey, here we go...
1. Why blog?
Because I am certifiably mad? This blogging has taken over my life, I am going insane with the pressure...oh, ok...because I really like it and because I have met nice people...reason enough I think. Actually the first born made me do it...you can read why in my very first post here. (it was fun going back and reading that!) But on a serious note, I think that blogging will be instrumental in changing parts of my life...and actually it already has. For the details, you'll have to wait and see..but it's going to be good!

2. Do you have to write or want to write?
Both actually. I have to write quite a lot for work. In fact, it's almost all I do. As a HR consultant I get to write things telling organisations what to do, where they're going wrong, how they can improve...oh it's wonderful except when they tell me I don't know what I'm talking about!

But I want to write as well. I'm no longer sure what form that will take...but I think the desire will always be there. 

3. If you could have coffee with just one person, living or dead, who would it be and why?
These questions that you have asked other people come back to bite you on the bum don't they! I have often used this question when I'm facilitating workshops and have no idea how I'd answer if put on the spot. But gee, now I have been! It probably changes on any given day. 

The slightly shallow answer is Hugh Jackman. Why? Don't be ridiculous...obvious! The slightly less shallow answer is Elizabeth Gilbert. I find her quite inspirational and I would love to have a conversation with her. I love the sound of her voice too...go here for a sample courtesy of Mariska. And yes I could have said Nelson Mandela or the Dalai Lama, but I didn't. And I probably would have said our new PM Julia, but didn't want to appear a complete dag. Don't judge me!

4. Toilet paper roll: over or under?

Oh most definitely over. I have been known to go to the loo in other people's homes or in public conveniences and change it if it isn't right! (sorry, that was me). And while I'm on the subject...I get really annoyed when I go to the loo at work and find the last person used the last of the roll and I have to change it! It's bad enough having to do it at home...who are these people who don't know how to change a toilet roll...shame on them! And unlike the rest of my house...only ever white paper...no dolphins, flowers or whatevers thank you very much!

5. Beach or Mountains/lake?

Hmm, difficult. I am a Cancerian...we love water and I love to be by it. To be honest I prefer looking at it rather than being in it. However, I think that beaches would be a lot better if they had grass rather than sand. I don't like sand. Gets in your cossies...sticks to the sun lotion...ruins the pages of your book. I guess a chair would make it better...


Now...for the next four...you still with me?? If so, you are incredibly nice, patient and kind...and deserving of a medal!  Here's a pretty one.

These 4 came from Jenny at The Five Year Project (good name!) chronicling the renovation of her 100 year old Queenslander (I love Queenslanders...the people are quite nice too!) 
1. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Oh geez, I am struggling with this one. I like where I live but I don't want to live here forever. I have lived in the UK and I harbour a dream to live overseas again for a while. My preference right here, right now? A hill village in Italy...I do believe, that so far at least, it's my favourite country of all apart from Australia.
2. If you could be someone else for a day, who would it be?
Actually I'm very happy being me. Mind you, it's taken quite a few decades to get there. I don't have a single person I'd want to be...more of a concept...I'd want to be someone who had unlimited resources and who used those resources quietly and anonymously to help the truly disadvantaged. Because you know what, sometimes I don't think we realise how incredibly lucky we are.
















Ok, if you insist on a person...Helen Mirren...she's awesome!
3. Concert or Broadway show?
Not that I've ever been to the real Broadway, but I've seen quite a few shows. My favourite? Toss up between Starlight Express and Miss Saigon...both in London when I was living in England in 1990...Les Miserables was good too. And Camelot...I would have loved to have seen that on stage not just at the movies. I clearly need to get out more. 
4. Theme song for life?
That's actually easy. The song I chose for the finale of my 50th birthday dance party (it was a good party that one!). Ironically a song by a 20 something...Steer by Missy Higgins..you can watch it here...


The lyrics I love from that song...

"But the search ends here
where the night is totally clear
and your heart is fierce
so now you finally know
that you control where you go
you can steer" 
Nice one Missy!
So there you have it bloggy peeps. And now that I've completely stuffed up both of those tags by not playing by the rules...I'm not going to pass them on. I'm just going to point you in the direction of some new blogs I've found recently that you might not be familiar with and that you might like to visit...if you have the strength after reading all of that!! Well done you! Because it was probably only one of you!! :)
So, off you go, if you haven't already been, to...
...and say hi from me please!
Thank goodness it's only pictures tomorrow-this week's top ten. You must be exhausted getting through that...I know I am! Sheeesh!
all images from we heart it or google images
 
Top