Tonight I attended the 'gala' opening of the DC Design house at the design center hosted by Elle Decor. Scrumptious food and decadent drinks, but we weren't there to be wined and dined, rather we were there to see the work of 8 talented designers. Drama was big in the showhouse, as it should be. A beautiful stuffed peacock greeted you in the living room by JDS Designs. I loved the grasscloth wallcovering by Maya Romanoff for Donghia.The foyer, equally dramatic, is by Kelley Proxmire. I loved the combination of turquoise and black. The floor was painted in a hexagonal pattern in black and white, continuing the theme.My favorite room was the study by Nestor Santa-Cruz. The perfect blue walls by Farrow & Ball with a cozy seating group AND stacks of my favorite magazines (WOI and Elle Decor) -just what I would want to spend an afternoon doing here!
The carpet (Stark) was such a great complement - blue, golden yellow with orange accents.
This adorable little brass telescoping table was just large enough to set down a drink.Back in the living room, I loved these console tables by William Switzer for Niermann Weeks. A modern take on a glamourous English console: gilding removed and a simple stone top! I would have gladly taken this home.
Loved this lamp in the master bedroom - a little rabbitt by Moooi! The desk was interesting but it left me in the mood for a massage, yes?
The lobby to the Design center, more drama, was also done by Kelley Proxmire (I guess she specializes in lobbies these days?). Loved the combination of reds with black: you KNOW you've arrived!
The design house is open thru December 4 at the Design Center - please visit if you are in the area and many thanks to Elle Decor for a great evening!
 
Top