A very early start for me as I'm flying to Melbourne at 'sparrows'...back tonight, but it will be a very long day. I'm hoping that I've worked out how to schedule this post for when I'm in the air...if not, I have no idea when you might be reading this. So morning, afternoon or evening whatever the case may be!

You know how I said I was off to do some more work on this damn lovely chair? Well I didn't actually touch it over the weekend...blogger project panic procrastination perhaps? But I did try my hand at a few other things. They're not finished yet so here's just a sneak peek.

And sometime over the next few days I will tell you a funny silver leafing story...and reassure you that silver leafing will definitely not be my next career move!
I did manage to put these fabric hangers that I bought on our brief holiday in Leura in their intended spot though... 

I like how the carving on them echoes the tapa cloth fabric given to me by a dear friend who lived in Papua New Guinea for over 20 years. Kinda...sorta...yeah??
I'm not so happy with the way the tapa's been framed (I won't be going back there!) but I do love the piece itself...
And...my first give-away is starting to take shape...I'm very excited by it...here's a teaser for you...

And I planted some tulip and freesia bulbs in my tiny garden...have no idea if they'll grow...and no doubt I'll forget I've planted them... so hopefully come spring I'll have a nice surprise. See you soon bloggy peeps. Melbourne here I come...
images 1-5 by: "c'est moi, c'est moi I'm forced to admit" (hands up who remembers the musical Camelot?); image 6 by Aunty ABC (probably a QANTAS strike photo as they're all lined up at the terminal 'n all)

 
Top