The MGM is having a little nanna nap...so I'm blogging...I knew I couldn't stay away! Thought I'd show you a few snaps of a subject near and dear to my heart...or should I say stomach. We left Canberra a little later than planned...no surprises there...disorganised to the nth degree we are, but we were determined to stop at Cabramatta in Sydney on our way to the mountains. Cabramatta is home to Sydney's Vietnamese community and we love the food and the produce there...so we just had to make the side trip...and it was waaaay past lunch time...we were hungry!
This lovely duck curry was the MGM's choice.  I had squid with ginger and shallots. It was nice but not photo worthy.  We DID NOT choose menu item 44!

The scene across the road as we were sitting outside eating our lunch...

Then a wander to the market-place to get the makings for our own Vietnamese meal that night...such pretty sights among the fruit and veg...
You can probably tell by now that the MGM's nanna nap is over and he's been helping me to learn photoshop, so that I can have my own little signature on my photos...he's a treasure that man! Here's another food collage for your visual pleasure...although I couldn't work out how to put that into the template without distorting it...so much still to learn...and I don't want to disturb someone else who is reading the paper at the moment!! Shhhh...

I'm not silly...I know when to ask and when not to ask...useful skill that!
So we bought a bit of this and that and had to sample the ice-cream...it would have been too rude not to...and eventually headed on up the mountain to our accommodation.
Where...the MGM made me dinner...beef pho...

What more could a girl want...dinner cooked for her, a glass of red, a new book...the fire was lit as well...sigh.  Only one more thing required...a yummy chicken, goat cheese and chilli jam pide for lunch the next day!

Next edition will be...scenery!

 
Top