W
hile I'll be the first one to say that vintage and authentic is better, I can't help but admit that I'm quite intrigued by big retailer's attempts at reproducing what is currently the popular thing to buy --- vintage! I've seen it everywhere! From Restoration Hardware to Pottery Barn to Anthropologie to... Urban Outfitters! Everywhere! And... I am a bit flattered that all of us vintage lovers are having the things we've had in our homes for years reproduced for the masses. After all... imitation is the best form of flattery, is it not? So... although I am a bit annoyed by it... I also am kind of excited about it! Urban Outfitters has done a great job at imitating some mid-century style designs in their furnishings and home decor. There's absolutely nothing wrong with mixing new with old... even if the new thing is imitating an old thing, um... eh.... yea. You know what I'm talking about! So, continue to buy vintage (it's a great way of being eco-friendly), but don't be afraid to mix things up in your mid-century decor with an UO sofa or table or clock. : ) I hope everyone's Monday is going smoothly. It's my day off, so I'm at home all day today. I'm cleaning and organizing. Fun. ((sarcastic tone)). Until tomorrow!
Happy Decorating!
Mina


Bookmark and Share
 
Top