S taci Brum opened Kooky Kidz on South Tampa's Bay to Bay Blvd. in August of 2009. Her children's clothing boutique started out as an online and trunk show business in March of 2009. So, when she opened up this little treasure, she had been around the merry go around for a little bit and was sure of her decision. Want to check it out? Kooky Kidz is located within Giggle Box Couture at:
3211 W. Bay to Bay Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33629
or online by clicking here.
Now, I don't have any kids just yet, but walking into this little shop made me want to bust out my credit card and purchase some maternity clothes! But, I must be responsible.... must be responsible..... yes. : ) Restrain yourself there Mina! But, I figure that when I do have some Brinkey munchkins running around, I'll know just where to get some of their Gator gear (Especially since my husband is a Gator himself and a huge fan of their football team!)
Kooky Kidz specializes in "off the beat and path clothing, toys, gifts and children's books," says Staci. They appeal to children in that they feature clothing with popular characters or sports teams. Hannah Montana and the Grinch are the best selling character items. Her personal favorites are the decoupage skirts and a line of recycled, upcycled concert and rock n' roll t-shirts that are combined with jerseys or cashmere sweaters to make a rockin' children's top! Wish they had some of those in my size! Oh well. : (
Her price ranges are appealing too... anything from $10 to over $80. Enjoy the pics! More after the jumps!














Staci was in the legal field, as a paralegal, before opening up her own business. Having come from a legal background myself, I completely understand what a huge jump it is to go from a high stress job to a creative, albeit still high stress, job that you absolutely LOVE!
Staci's biggest challenges are in getting the word out and bookkeeping. But, her biggest reward is knowing that the shop is her very own and she gets to be creative in choosing her own merchandise and putting things together.
I would totally recommend Kooky Kidz if you have a unique gift in mind for that precious little boy or girl in your life!
Happy Decorating!
Mina


Bookmark and Share

 
Top