I know that she is in no way mod but I absolutely love Helena Bonham Carter's style.  She's just so unapologetically out there, and this is something I admire. A lot.

I was reading an interview of another style hero, Tom Ford, (the Tina Brown interview 2009 if you're interested) and Tina asked him to name the most stylish man.  His answer: someone I didn't know so I've forgotten (sorry Mr. Ford).  TB then asked him to name the most stylish woman.  His answer: (With all due respect to TF, I must paraphrase) "Women are still so objectified by society they've become afraid to express themselves - so afraid of seeing themselves on a fashion don't page that they all just dress alike".  So sad - yet true.
I ask you, dear reader;  If you could/would/were allowed to truly express yourself through fashion - what would it look like?  Do you in fact dress the way you want to now?  Was there a WTF moment in your life when you no longer cared how others judged your choices?
I suppose it takes two forks and a whisk to style her hair and I love it!


HBC with her beloved - Tim Burton.
Random rant:  I've been thinking a bit about Pink Floyd's The wall lately.  There have been forces in my life of late that have pulled me from my comfort zone.  I know that can be a good thing, but for me it's been more of a toxic thing.  Not good at all.
Lately I've wanted to build a community of like minded people - artists, dreamers, sensitive souls who find it easier (less toxic) to live outside the wall.  This is exactly what I have hoped for this blog;  that it would be a safe place to dream, for us all.
So, who's with me?
HELLO?
IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE?
JUST NOD IF YOU CAN HEAR ME.
IS THERE ANYONE AT HOME?

Have a beautiful day all you artists, dreamers, and sensitive souls.
YANCEY
 
Top