Sorry about the blunt post title.  In all fairness I wanted you to know what you were in for.
Braxton, the girls, and I have lost our beloved cat Bunny.  By "lost" I don't mean she is wondering around the neighborhood unchaperoned.  She has died.

Bunny was 13 or 14 years old.  I think by cat standards she was an old lady.  Does anyone know if the theory that one cat year equals 7 human years has any basis in fact?  Anyway, it was clear to Braxton and myself, that while she didn't seem uncomfortable, her health was deteriorating.  So I made a decision..... let me start at the beginning....

In our long marriage, Braxton and I have had many pets, which means we have had many pets die.  We once had a gorgeous white long haired cat named Nicholas, who had kidney problems (not pleasant for any of us) and died at the age of four.  We also had a West Highland Terror ( I promise that was a typo - but somehow appropriate) who had all manner of health problems, and lived to be about 10 years old.  Lets see, there was the neighborhood cat who adopted us for a while, then after disappearing for a couple of weeks, decided to come back to our backyard to die.  Not fun.  Oh and the truly beautiful Siamese cat who after spending days and days at the vet (to the tune of $500.00) came home and died in my arms a couple of days later.

Which brings me back to Bunny.  As I said earlier, Braxton and I knew she was dying, not suffering (we hope), but dying.  I decided NOT to take her to the Vet.  There it is.
It's not often we have the chance to give someone (or even a pet) a dignified death, but that is exactly what we wanted to give to her.  So, after a couple of days of mostly sleeping, she died in her bed, in her house, in her sleep, and I(we) are grateful. 

If you are wondering about the name Bunny - she was a Manx - which means she didn't have a tail.  So, when she was a kitten, she literally hopped with her back legs together, very much like a rabbit.  So cute.  Does anyone else have a Manx?  Does it hop like a bunny?

On a lighter note:  Thank you http://cuppapixie.blogspot.com/ for your post on tofu scramble. I've always wanted to try it.  Per Leslie R.'s suggestion, I googled tofu scramble, and found a gazillion recipes, and made it for dinner last night.  Even Braxton (man + tofu = frown) liked it, and that's saying something. 

Thanks for hanging with me today.  I promise tomorrow will bring something mod and fun.  Right Braxton?

Have a BEAUTIFUL day everyone.
YANCEY
 
Top