Holy cats it looks like a jar of French's Mustard exploded in my entrance way!**


As promised, the pics of what I've been up to for the past five days.





.
You may remember this room used to be the same hot pink that you see here in the back hall.  It also had favorite quotes written on the walls with a black sharpie, which took five coates of paint to cover!

There is something about this color that makes me want a hot dog.

I love the way my art  looks against the new color.

There are a few things in life that scare me but apparantly color isn't one of them.
 Now, on to the bedroom which I have painted white.  I have one word for my feelings about this room.  Yawn, and not in a good way.

I was hopeful that these panels would really pop against the white walls.  Not so much.

The darkness of this picture captures my disapointment in this room.
All is not lost.  I have a plan that involves yet more painting, but this time you can believe it will result in  happy colorful walls!

*I painted the entrance with ORANGE GLOW by Valspar.  I used a semi gloss paint/primer combination.

**My mom called it the "entrance hall" and I was an adult before I realized how histerically pretentious this sounds, as if one grew up in Versailles, which I obvisouly did not.
My mother in law calls it the "foyer" which sounds like she was raised in a fancy hotel, which she was, so I guess I'll give her that one.
Braxton and I jokingly (sort of) call it the "library" because that is in fact where we keep our ever expanding shit load of books.
What do you call the first room when entering your house?  Would love to know. 

Have a beautifully colorful day!
Yancey
 
Top