Advertisement

Advertisement


Thanks to Crystal Light for sponsoring this post. To learn more about how Crystal Light can flavor your day with 30 refreshing flavors, visit http://www.facebook.com/crystallight.


If there's something we all struggle with is balancing our time between work, children, family, friends and ... self. Why is it that "self" is always at the very end of our list? Interesting, eh? When, in fact, it should always be at the very top! I mean, how useful are we, really, if we are walking zombies for the rest of our family, friends and obligations? Not very. So! One of the things I purposefuly focus on is taking time out for myself every single day. Now... "how do you manage to do that?" I know, I know. You're wondering. To be honest? I wake up an hour earlier than I need to each and every morning. Trust me, it was torture at first. Ugh! I am not a morning person, at all! Especially not a 4:30 in the morning person. Blech! But, once I got used to doing it, my body and mind are wide awake at 4 am! Involuntarily! I usually beat the alarm clock! My trick? I go to bed an hour earlier. Done!

From 4:30-5:30, I read or journal. I don't turn on the TV or radio. I don't talk to anyone. I just sit quietly. It sets the tone for the rest of my day. I used to wake up 15-20 minutes before I had to head out the door and rush like a maniac to get everything done! What did that accomplish? A grumpy Mina for the rest of the day! It's truly amazing what 15-20 minutes or an hour each and every morning can do for your spirit and mind. Don't have much time in the morning? How about during your lunch break? Throughout college (when I was a full time student and a full time employee) I became a master at using every minute of my lunch break to relax. If I had a half hour, I would eat in 15 minutes and sit quietly for the other 15. If I had an hour... I'd eat in 15 and relax for 45. You get the idea! : ) No matter how busy you think you might be, there is always 15-20 minutes of rest and you time available. Call that friend of yours back another time. Shorten the amount of time you spend blabbing away on the cell phone. Limit the time you spend browsing the Net. Put the kids to bed 15 minutes earlier. Whatever it is that you need to do to take time out for you... do it. You are worth it! Good luck my lovelies!

Happy Decorating!

Mina

Remember, visit http://www.facebook.com/crystallight to learn more about how Crystal Light can flavor your day with 30 refreshing flavors.  I was selected and paid for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.


 
Top