Say "hello" to our new fridge.  The LG LTN19315SW

Source

I bought it in the white, but its easier to see in the black:

Source

It is goin' in here:

See more pictures here

Gosh - if you ever shop for a fridge, don't wait until your current fridge dies.  Surprisingly, a fridge is not typically something you can bring home the same day. 

Here's what I learned:
  • Super hard to find a modern looking fridge with a freezer on top (they are "out")
  • The fridge has to suit your purposes, not what is trendy
  • Shop around!  Prices really vary store to store
  • Big box stores sometimes have the "lowest" price because they don't include delivery or disposal of an old fridge
  • When Home Depot tells you it can't be done, tell them they are wrong

I will save you the boring details of fridge shopping.  Found lots I wanted and couldn't afford, found lots I could afford but didn't want.  Found one I liked and we could afford.  I love the way the interior is laid out, it looks nice, the quality is good, and the price was right.  Home Depot told me I'd have to wait until March 21st and that every vendor would say the same.  I phoned every appliance store in town and the delivery times varied from next day to a month. 

In the end, I went to Corbeil Appliances where the fridge I wanted was $200 cheaper than Home Depot, plus delivery & removal of the dead fridge was free!  So, in the end I saved about $300.  Shocker, right?  And, I am getting the fridge delivered today (it is 1:00am - this counts as Friday).  Here's hoping the delivery is problem-free.  Seems too good to be true . . .

I promise some new pics of the kitchen when the fridge is set up.     
 
Top