How does the saying go?  "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me," right? 

Last fall (a year and a half ago) when my mom was visiting me, she and I went to an antique show.  I bought this great vintage Lotte lamp (no shade, so I bought a crisp white drum shade):


And even though my mom lives 1500 km away, she bought a pair of vintage Lotte lamps (again, shade-less) from the same vendor.  The plan was that when hubby and I drove back to our hometown for a visit (we drive at least once a year), I'd bring her the lamps.  He he he.  They looked so good in the living room, that the delivery was never made . . . 



Well, the other day my mom was trolling online kijiji ads in my city (which hubby finds hugely entertaining) and she found a NEW pair of lamps.  I went and picked them up from the seller (who I actually, randomly met at an estate sale earlier the same day) for her just recently.  [As a side note, he works in the estate sale business so hubby & I learned all kinds of neat things.  The three of us chatted for an hour.  And, I haggled!  I asked if the price was his "friendliest price" and the gentleman knocked a third off the price.  Awesome experience.]  Anyway, now I have another gorgeous pair of my "mom's" lamps sitting in my house. 

Which of my rooms do you think they will look good in???  They are super tall, by the way - nice statement pieces.


Just kidding, mom.
 
Top