When I blogged about my office my mom spotted the tiny orange bowl on the bookshelf.  She wants it.  And now she will be within pilfering distance (I'm leaving for the airport to pick her up right now!!)  Since I stole her Lotte lamps, I think the sugar bowl is fair game.  In the event that it goes missing after her visit, here is an ode to the sugar bowl.

How did she even see it?!?

I picked the bowl up at a yard sale because the colour was so great.  I saw the Shelley logo and, thanks to my china-happy grandmother, knew that Shelley is valuable.  I calmly handed over my $2.00 and skipped back to the car.  Once home, I looked through hundreds of pictures of Shelley china until I found similar pieces and eventually found out what this is: a sugar bowl, of the Harmony Dripware series.  It was produced 1924-1940 - the different hallmark can indicate approximately when a piece was made.  I'm no expert, just a patient googler.  Click here for a great guide on Shelley china.





So, keep an eye out for this logo:


Or one of these:

Shelley
Source

I might be in need of a replacement bowl . . .

For some more eye candy check out these other gorgeous pieces which, sadly, I do not own:

What mine would look like, as a proper set
Source

Source

Source

What fabulously finds have you found?
 
Top