I don't know about you, but I grow weary of the repeated suggestion in design magazines, books and blogs to take a stack of books, plop on a glass or vase and call it a table:

Christiane Lemieux in Family Circle- March 2011- DwellStudio
Source

101708_books01.jpg
Source

Via

Green living room with book side table
Source

I loathe to be a hater, but I really like my books on a shelf or on a table.  Off the floor, in general.  Granted, the ones below are kinda cool, but they are tables made out of books, not a stack of books acting as a table.  But maybe I'm just crabby today.  I'm nearing the end of my timeline for my comprehensive exams and I'm just sick of books in general.  Can I just order my PhD online?  Does etsy sell them?  That might break the seal.  What are your thoughts on books as tables?  Have you done this with fantastic results?

Source

Source

Source

P.S. This, I love.  I too have the ubiquitous Ikea Expedit, in dark brown (see here), but I just love how Alanna Cavanagh styled hers.  Do you have an awesomely styled bookcase that could draw me out of today's funk?

Source

Source
 
Top