It is no secret I've been thinking of how to re-work our bedroom.  Well, I finally have some major pieces in place (or on order/in progress).  If you haven't seen the "before," take a look at the room as a carpeted nursery here.

The "in progress" photo


I already blogged about creating three (huge) cheery paintings for across from the bed:



With the paintings in place, I decided on the crisp white duvet cover from West Elm.  I ogled a lot of printed duvet covers but never found one that I liked with our headboard, plus I really love the subtle texture of square pin tucks in this set.  I also want to create some flow with the other rooms on the floor, such as the guest bedroom (see pictures here), with its white bedding and pops of colour.  Unfortunately, my new bedding is back-ordered until the end of January, but that's okay because it gives me time to get the other pieces in place.   



Because I want to avoid too much white on white (white bedding, walls, curtains) my mom & I are going to sew some super bright throw pillows.  Replacing my faded green "accent" pillows was suggested by many Apartment Therapy readers (see here & here).

Below is my fabric shortlist.  I'm almost certain I want to go with the teal green silk (although the pea green silk in the very last picture is pretty too).  I also want to mix in a tiny dose of a colourful print.  I love the swirly, colourful paisley but the blocky abstracted leaves outlined in black would look great with the headboard.  Once I pick the fabrics, I'll pull out a few colours for some bright bedside accessories.     





 
Top