There's one thing you should know about me.  I either take forever planning & picking out something (like three years to buy a car) or I want something done instantly (like cleaning the basement at 11:00pm because it was bugging me and couldn't wait until the next day). 

I've been thinking about what to do with the main bathroom mirror since June 2009 when we bought the house.  The current mirror is a placeholder, from Winner's.  The original unframed (slightly chipped) mirror is in the basement and I want to make a new frame for it.  Scroll down for two sources of inspiration and let me know what you think.

Recall, if you will, my bathroom in its current state.  Have you seen the before? Click here.  The fixtures were pink!





I have been in love with Rachel Bishop's bathroom for a while (see below).  I even emailed her to find out how she created the frame!  I think a chunky, grey stained frame like hers would look great in our bathroom.  For more pics, check out her blog.



Although I still love the grey stain, recently I've been thinking that a warmer wood stain (like teak) will look fresh but cozy and provide contrast with the pale grey marble counters.  I've been inspired by Suzanne Dimma's kitchen, which I first spotted in the October 2008 issue of Wish.  It was just featured in the November 2010 issue of Canadian House & Home.  For more pics, head to House & Home online.


 
Top