In Phase I (aka "Before") there was wallpaper and general grossness.  See me remove the wallpaper, with gusto, here.

PHASE I = Ick

Phase II (which you likely saw here as well) involved new lighting, paint, (bad photography), DIY refurbished cabinet pulls, plus a half hearted attempt at decorating (with a chipped sink and rusting faucet, how much enthusiasm can one really muster?)  For cost-effectiveness and environmentally friendliness, we kept the existing cabinet but painted it to match the walls, so it blends in a bit.  Obviously too bland still but, when considering Phase I, totally livable. 

PHASE II = Bland

Phase III was more impressive: new counter, sink, faucet, mirror & slightly better photography.  Plus - alert the media - coloured towels.  We picked a vessel sink to add height (the counter seemed super low when compared to the super high new cabinetry in the upstairs bathrooms, see here & here) & the counter matches the kitchen.  We don't have a big house, so we're trying to create some continuity so it doesn't look "choppy". 

PHASE III = Better


Phase IV was just completed.  After desperately trying to find a black towel bar, see here & here, we found a great one at Target.  The whole shelf-y/bar-y unit was only $14.99!  I couldn't actually find real life versions of the towel bars I was looking at in previous posts (I could only order online) & with black fixtures the colour can really vary from purple/black to brown/black.  I definitely recommend purchasing black fixtures at a brick & mortar.  Anyway, at Target (while on holidays in the states) we spotted this rack which looked brown on the package pictures but is actually pure black.  Yay!

I re-framed my mom's print in a simpler frame to let her artwork shine.  I used an inexpensive frame from Black's Photography; I lucked out with the right sizing.  I also added another version she made of the same print  (I went rifling through her portfolio).  With hubby's help, I hung a print by another artist beside the sink and a small little painting, bought for $2 at an estate sale, on the wall between the shelves.  The artwork adds some more colour and the new towels (made in Portugal, purchased from Winner's) add some pattern. 

I'm really going for broke with patterned towels!
Pretty soon every room will have pattern & I will have gotten over my fear.

A slightly different angle




Some pictures with the lights off, below.  It is tricky, because there is no window.  But without the lights you get a better sense of the wall colour.  This bathroom was tricky to photograph, in general, because it is so small.  Squish: me + camera squeezed in there. 

Without lights on, it is a touch more blurry . . .



I won't guarantee it won't change some more.  But for now this powder room is more updated with a few more hits of colour. 
 
Top