Elle Decor via Belle Maison

via Decor 8 Flickr

magnetic board by shugabeelane - $109
felt acorns by citycrochet - $12.95

Christmas tree ornaments by quotesandnotes - $25

cast iron birdie bottle opener by beautifuldetailswed - $20

doll dishes by billiecollections - $14.50
T



o white... or not to white? That is the question. This is a dilemma I struggle with at times. I browse blogs and Flickr pages (like Decor 8's above) and dream of white surroundings. Oh... the peace. : ) Then... I look around my own surroundings and see this...


LOTS of color. Yellows, oranges, greens, reds! The closest I've come to a white haven in my home is this...

The dishes in our cabinet. Every time I've travelled to Europe, I've come back desiring lots of white. Lots of minimalism and European chicness... (is that even a word??). But, then I see a colorful owl print or a yellow eames or an orange school chair and BAM! I'm hooked. It's just who I am, I guess. As much as I dream of having a minimal, Swedish inspired, white, cream and gray home... I'm just going to have to give in to who I am at my core and live with color. It's what makes me happy. It's what makes me me. Of course... that doesn't mean "no white!" So, I perused etsy and found some white pretties I can see myself stashing amidst the sea of color in our abode. Until tomorrow kiddies!

Happy Decorating!

Mina

 
Top