W
hile browsing through one of my favorite blogs, Design Sponge, I came across a wonderful NYC apartment belonging to floral designer Nicolette Camille. Her name is even lovely! I immediately felt my heart racing and a sudden urge to re-decorate my house. I'm not even kidding. I literally got up from my desk, headed to the dining room and created a vignette. No lie. That might make me strange, but hey... you gotta do what you gotta do when the mood to re-do strikes! : ) Check out the Flickr pictures of Nicolette's home here. Clearly, being a floral designer, she has a lot of plants around her home. The plants really do bring it all together. I have one live plant in our house. One. I just bought it a couple of weeks ago and it's growing! It's a red geranium. So... perhaps I've turned a new leaf (no punt intended) and I may keep this one alive for more than 6 months. We'll see. I won't get too optimistic.
So... I have news! I'm thinking of starting a new weekly column to the blog called "10Corners."
I will start off by photographing my own home... with my new and improved DSLR camera, which I am getting as a Christmas present from some verrrrry giving and generous family members!!!! : ) I would then like to extend the offer to other design bloggers, interior stylists, decorators and blog readers with a passion for decorating. I will post your "10Corners" to the blog every Thursday. Now, the pictures must be of 10... shall I say it?... corners in your home. Any 10 design and drool worthy corners. The pictures must be of very good quality and they must encompass the spirit of Bohemian Vintage (pretty much anything boho chic, mid-century or simply amaaaazing). I will keep you posted on when this new venture will begin. The "10Corners" article will most likely include cities, shops, restaurants and other nifty spots, as well as homes. I'm excited and hope it turns out well. If you think you'd be interested... shoot me an e-mail with some sample pics at bohemianvintage@live.com. Just put "10Corners" on the subject line. Alrighty then... I'm going to go to bed at a decent hour today because I got 4.5 hours of sleep last night and I'm pretty sure I'm a walking zombie right now. Nighty night!
Happy Decorating!
Mina
 
Top