Ellie a Curator lives with Sophie my previous blog entry, in Camberwell. They met at SOAS University London and Ellie said “When Sophie came into my room, at Halls, with a four pack of Stella and two Crispy Creams, I knew we’d be friends for life.” Ellie’s bedroom is opposite Sophie’s, it is light and airy and full of interesting bits.
I asked Sophie…“If your bedroom was on fire, what one item would you save”…
Ellie – Well it’s a bit embarrassing really but I’d save my teddy, Pups. I’ve had him for years and he’s been to five continents with me: Europe, Asia, North America, Africa and Australasia. I can’t sleep without him, so I take him everywhere. His head fell off on the way to France once, I was so gutted - all his stuffing kept falling out. And most recently I debated over whether to take him on a work trip to Africa, I wouldn’t normally give it a second thought but I had to share a room with my boss. So I took him, and on the first night revealed him to her, I think she thought it was a bit weird at first, but then seemed completely accepting of him. I sometimes think I should maybe be a bit more chilled about him, like when I was at college we had to do a show and tell. I thought I should take something cool and interesting but in the end I just took Pups.”
 
Top