It started like this...I saw Simone's Beach Vintage post about making skirts for the fairy lights for her lucky daughter's bedroom...here they are...v.pretty
pic from Beach Vintage
...and I thought, there's an idea (must 
stop doing that...I'm sure it's just a way to procrastinate even further about finishing painting the pergola!)...anyway, just what I need to jazz up my fairy light basket 'lamp' I said to myself (no-one else being around). Here it is unplugged...a bit of a shamozzle I'm sure you'd agree!
And here it is lit up...quite pretty in a thrown together, diy, budget light fixture kind of way.

But (there's almost always a 'but' isn't there) I was worried about how naked it looked during the day and concerned for its modesty (ok, not really...I'm not quite that mad)
So I thought I would take Simone's idea and give my fairy lights some of their own little tu-tu's. But I wasn't content with white...my living room is kind of colourful, so I made some out of red, purple, and yellow...as well as white.
Over the top? Me? Course not.
It took quite a bit longer than I thought! Here they are unlit...

I'm not 100% sure about them like this to be honest...I don't think they look anywhere near as good as Simone's...perhaps because of the plain edges...perhaps because tulle twirling is not a skill I've mastered...perhaps because it wasn't a good idea to start with! But here is my 'lamp' lit up at night. And that, I do quite like.

What do you think?  Should I leave my lights to their multi-coloured madness or should I just forget about it altogether and pack it away in a cupboard!?!
 
Top