Today my Daddy found freedom from his tortured body. Despite our sadness, we are thankful that he is finally at peace. Now I keep wondering what a daddy's girl is supposed to do when her daddy is gone. My Papi was the original eccentric I loved. Growing up in Mexico he was known in his town as "El Loco" (The crazy one) because he had the most unusual ideas and point of view. When I was a kid, I didn't always understand what motivated him, but as I grow older I find I am more and more like him. In fact, he is one of my main creative inspirations. He was a true individual. He was honest and tough, and had a wickedly sharp wit. Everyday, I aspire to be like him. I have to admit that it will be difficult to keep up a creative and positive outlook now that he is gone, but I also know that would be contradictory who he was. I know he would want me to keep being positive and keep finding humor in this bizarre world we live in.
Thanks to all of you for your kind words and prayers. I can't describe what they mean to me.
 
Top