It probably will, and at the most inopportune moment. You know that saying, right? Uh, well that describes my week, quite well. I feel bad about not posting anything for an entire week, sorry everyone:(
Where to begin, about my week? First it started with no cable or internet for a couple of days. That alone is traumatic, let me tell you!! My lovely husband decided to move the cable connections around and told me the cable would be down for "a few minutes". Well, 3 or 4 hours later, we figured out that it was not coming back! Of course, at that point it was already evening, so when we tried to call for help we could only reach people with accents that are very difficult to understand, and who didn't really help in any way. So the three of us came to the harsh realization that there would be no vegging to our favorite shows and no internet surfing either. Aahhh! No reruns of The Office, no Dora the Explorer, no Twittering, emailing, blogging, NADA! Have you tried doing that lately? Its very hard, let me tell you.
Well, the next morning Mark calls me and says I need to expect a call from the repair man and I need to be at home. He is set to call at 9:00 in the morning. So I have just enough time to get Liam to school and rush back home. Around 10:30, I'm still waiting for the call and start worrying about the things I'm not getting done. At lunch time, I decide not to wait anymore, and gather all my things and start to walk out the door. Guess what happens at that moment? Yeah, my phone rings! The "9:00" call comes in at 11:45. So, I answer and you know what sage advice the technician has for me? "Why don't you unplug the box for a few minutes and then plug it back in". Like we hadn't already tried that about 30 times!!!! Since his technical help went nowhere, he now wanted to send a repairman. As I'm listening to this, I'm thinking "I've already wasted half of the day, now they're asking me to waste the other half. On the other hand, if I don't wait for them today; I will get to go through this process again tomorrow". I really didn't have a choice. Finally, by about 4:00 everything was up and running again and I was quick to remind Mark to let the experts move the connections around, for all of our sakes:)
After those two days, I spent a couple of days trying to catch up on work that couldn't get done sans an internet connection. I didn't realize how few people I actually speak to, or see in person. I do everything via my computer. Its kind of sad actually. I have also been trying to find flu shots for Liam, (everyone is running out), planning family affairs, blah, blah, blah. Sigh...what I really hate is that I never posted my Round Top photos. I am very happy with them, but they seem a little irrelevant now:( Here is a small peek. I will go ahead and post them on my Flickr site tomorrow...but again, I gotta run!
Happy Friday!
 
Top