As I was scrolling through the 1st Dibs' site this morning, I found a great article written about John Saladino's most recent book; Villa. In it he describes the arduous but heartfelt process of renovating an amazing Italinate villa. For all die-hard design lovers, this is a book that must be seen!
Saladino holds a very special place in my heart. He was the first designer I knew by name as a teenager, and his work awakened my true love of design. The photo above in particular stands out in my mind. Its been published many times over, I know; but its so timeless and beautiful. The color palette, mixture of textures, and use of antiques in an otherwise minimalist space influence the way I think about design almost every day. Ahhh, I could go on and on; but maybe the photos speak for themselves;)



 
Top