Those of you who read regularly know how I love to go on and on about simplicity and minimalism. Well, all that is true; but I do have a confession to make. I love, LOVE paisley patterns! Yeah! I mean paisley is about as opposite from minimalism as one can get, right? Just the word brings up images of stuffy British libraries or something. I know, but I still love it. The intricate patterns and color combinations have always intrigued me. They are sort of an optical illusion. Some of you are probably skeptical, so I found a few examples of modern ways to use such a traditional pattern. With large scale and modern colors, these paisleys are anything but stuffy:)

Don't you just love this chair? I mean no one can object to paisley, when its coming from Anthropologie! This is just so yummy!
 
Top