Is it even necessary to have any other color besides black?
If you looked at my wardrobe, you wouldn't think so, and looking
at this Norwegian apartment, you wouldn't think so either!


One thing I love so much about using dark colors
in an interior, is how muchany other color jumps out when
placed against the dark backdrop. This incredible
antique cabinet would lose much of its rich color
if placed against a white wall. (I'm trying to give some of
you a subtle hint).


On occasion I have been asked about my opinion on black walls.
Personally, any dark color can be used in an interior if paired w/ proper lighting.
This apartment has amazing natural light, which balances out the heavy use of black.
W/out the natural light, this place might be kind of morbid. If you don't have natural
light, you can always fake it by using dramatic effects like spot lights on the wall or art,
or well placed lamps and so on. That is my opinion, but I would love to know what some
of you think. Have any of you tried such a bold approach?

 
Top