We spent Christmas at my future mother in law's home... designed entirely by my architect fiancee. : )
Harassing Luke with the camera... Taking a walk in the backyard with the 70 degree weather...
Admiring the beautiful nativity set made by my future mother-in-law...

I sat out on the vintage swing for a long while... praying for blessings in the New Year, thinking about this past year and admiring the beautiful lake view in front of me...
Beautiful Lake Huntley in Lake Placid, Florida and the future in-laws' backyard...

Yes... there are Poinsettias in Florida! : )
One of my Christmas presents from my sweetie!!! He's dropping it off tomorrow! Remember my obsession and hope for one of these?

So... now it's time for a new year. A new beginning. A fresh start. What are your New Year's Resolutions? What are your counted blessings for 2008? I know that 2008 was a tough year financially for a lot of us around the world. Gas prices soared. Groceries were unbelievably priced. Jobs were lost and times were hard. I don't know one person who did not lose their job this year. But, the good thing is that people have learned to appreciate a simpler time. A time when doing things for ourselves and with our families was more important and valuable than buying the greatest and newest gadget on the market and placing our children in front of the television like little robots. That is refreshing. Vintagely refreshing. (Is that a word????). Are you choosing to live the simple life in 2009? Please share your thoughts.


Happy Decorating,

Mina
 
Top