"Danish Modern" is a style that revolves around mid-century furnishings. Think Eames, Wakefield, Miller, etc... It's usually wood pieces made into incredibly sleek designs. Its lines are simple and elegant. Un-presumptious, but stunning. If you would like to give your home an air of vintage, but you don't want to remind guests of grandma's house or the Natural Museum of History... go with this genre of furniture. It's hip and young no matter what its age!

Fabulous sketch on fabric of an Eames chair. I found this on an Etsy shop (www.etsy.com).
Great Eames office chair. It costs a fortune, but it's so, so, sooooo comfy and stylish!
I found this great, "Danish Modern" style sofa on Craigslist (www.craigslist.com), but it was already sold when I inquired. Oh well. : (

Danish Modern credenza. Sleek, glamorous and so fantastically retro!

Okay... I saved the best for last. I found this great desk while doing some Internet browsing for my "Inspiration Folder." It's got awesome bones, lines, color & style! Ah.... I'm in love. : ) Oh well... until next time everyone!!
Happy Decorating,
Mina
P.S. Check out the shop (www.mina180.etsy.com) for some great inventory!!
 
Top