Well, folks I am officially at the start of my 3rd week away from home!! Many of you know about the devastating hurricane that hit Houston, and that most of the city has no power. Some people have no water either. Of course, those are the fortunate ones. So many people have lost much more than that. By the grace of God, my family and I were very far away when everything happened and for now we will continue to stay away. Luckily, we had someone check on our house and it didn't receive any damage. (Just no power). I've been in touch with Paloma and Cheryl, and know they are fine. I haven't personally heard from Joni, but I think she has power. I'm still waiting to hear from the other Houston bloggers, though. I really want to thank all of you for your prayers and kind words. I will try to keep updates on whatever I can.
In the meantime, I decided to share some photos from our Santa Fe trip. The first day, we walked over to the to the Santa Fe train depot. This of course is a favorite of Liam's. Last year we took a ride on the vintage train and he had so much fun. Unfortunately, this year we arrived on a Tuesday, and found out you can only ride it Fri. through Sun. Nooo!!

To my surprise, Liam was satisfied with just running around on the the cars. (I don't have my photo editing program, so the photos are a little dark). Directly next door there is the cutest cafe that I totally fell in love with. A lot of the time when I say "I love" a cafe or restaurant its because of the decor first...food second. I'm glad to say that the food was good too.
I love the skylights and the amazing mirror behind the bar. Most of the walls were either in a dark green or covered with brick. I think one of my favorite details was the white marble on the counters, because it seemed to glow. Very lovely. It was one of those places, I would move into right away, if only they would let me. As much as I liked this place, I forgot what it is called. Bad blogger!! I am disappointed in myself, but if anyone is visiting Santa Fe, it is right next door to the train station.
The rare voluntary photo of myself with Liam. I'm holding him like this because he wouldn't sit still. It took about 6 or 7 shots to get this one of his face. I think I'm not so much "holding him" as I am holding him down.
Many more photos to come!
 
Top