While on my long journey, I found lots of inspiring ideas that I want to share. The last leg of the trip was spent in Austin. (Thanks to one of my lovely cousins, who found us a wonderful hotel). Anyway, anytime I'm in Austin I try to stop by Homegirls. I can never resist their cool vintage furniture. This visit, the were displaying art by the amazing Alyson Fox. BTW, if any of you have been to Homegirls, many of the cool displays were done by Alyson. I've been a long time fan of Alyson's work, and really loved the prints that were shown.

If you can't get enough Alyson, she now has her own clothing line called A Small Collection. The clothes are wonderful, and the website presents them in the most charming way I have ever seen! I could look at the site all day.


(This is one of my favorite pieces).

Up until now, I haven't been to keen on the whole wall stickers thing; but I found some that are really tempting me. They are from Ferm Living. My two favorites are the Love Birds and the Power Pole. Perfect for a contemporary home. Maybe just like this one that I just happened to be driving by. I don't know anything about it, I just had to take a picture. It appears that this house is in fact a duplex that is joined by the unusual metal pieces "weaving" the two parts together. Very cool.


 
Top