I can barely believe it, but We're Home Again!! We were gone for 3 weeks and 2 days, and traveled over 1800 miles. We traveled to Amarillo TX, Santa Fe NM, back to Amarillo, and Fri. drove to Austin. Finally today we reached Houston again. I have to admit that I was nervous about what I might see, but a lot of the damage has already been cleaned up. I'm so thankful to say, that my house received no damage at all, and all of my neighbors seem to be without damage too. Now, I haven't dared to open my fridge yet, because I am very afraid. After so many days w/out power, who knows what might be happening in there. Oooh, yuck. Smells and all, I'm so glad to be home. I actually started to forget what it looked like!
The weird thing is that I feel so out of sorts. I'm not sure why...maybe I'm just tired. I think I feel a kind of sadness about everything that has happened in this town that I love so much. I guess it takes time to clean up your emotions, too. Although, it is nice to have all those little things that make me happy. For example:
1. Sitting down to watch The Soup.
2. Drinking my favorite coffee from Whole Foods (Mexico, Zaragoza).
3.Working on my trusty Mac.
4. Wearing my favorite slippers.
5. And (hopefully) going to my favorite coffee shop again, depending on the whole having electricity thing.
 
Top