Still in my home town, visiting all of my old haunts. When I was growing up, my family and I used to load up in the car and drive around our favorite neighborhood. It is Amarillo's most prestigious neighborhood, called Wolflin. Only "Old Money" need apply to reside here. Many of the streets are brick paved, and lined with beautiful trees. (Which in Amarillo is a rare commodity).

This house has been my personal favorite since I was a teenager. I love the Spanish influence combined with the bright blue. From what I here, this color was not very popular among the neighbors, but I love it! I would love to have a blue house, and be just like Frida Kahlo.
I actually did some work in the house above, while at my very first design job. I was still in school, and I was in awe of being in such a fantastic place.






There is a very eclectic mix of architectural styles in this neighborhood. From the tiniest cottages, to large mansions. Many of these houses are registered historical landmarks. Unfortunately many of these homes have been knocked down in recent years, to build bigger ones. That part makes me sad. I grew up admiring so many of these houses, and my love affair with architecture began, in part; because of them.

 
Top