When asked what my most prized vintage item is, I can now honestly say it is a 1963 VW Bug. Yes. That's right. A "V-Dub," as it is so warmly regarded in the VW community. I wanted a little car to use for errands and on the weekends. My SUV is quite the gas guzzler, so I decided to purchase a 2nd car to putter around with and have fun with, while saving gas! So... I thought... what can I get? At first, I bid for a 1965 VW Kombi Bus on E-Bay and lost at the very last minute! So, I thought I would just give up. But then I just kept thinking about how much I wanted a vintage car. The absolute, ultimate vintage item for a lover of all things vintage, such as myself. I browsed thesamba.com over and over and over again for a VW located near me, so I wouldn't have to ship it. It seemed like all of them were in California. I was getting depressed. But, alas! I checked last Sunday and there it was... Baby blue (as many of you know... my FAVORITE color!!!), pre-1970s, and cute, cute, cute!!!! I fell in love. She was my new baby by Wednesday. I signed all the papers with the seller and drove her home. Her name is Marley. After Bob Marley, of course. And yes... she is a girl. My new antique. {sigh}. I'm so happy.
So... what's your newest prized antique?
Happy Decorating!
Mina
 
Top